Winter is winding its way down, which means that spring is just around the corner. Like most people, you’re probably more than ready for the warmth and new beginnings that spring decorating promises. However, is your home ready for the turning of the new season? The right spring decorating ideas can help you to make the most out of this time of year, so read on to learn more.
Why Decorate for Spring?
Most people get inspired to do some spring cleaning when winter comes to an end. With spring home decorating ideas, however, you can take things to a whole new level. From simple switch-ups to major overhauls, there’s no end to the possibilities when it comes to successful decorating ideas for this time of year.
How to Spruce Up Your Home for Springtime
Pick and choose from the following ideas to whip your home into shape for warmer and longer days:
- Step into springtime – The foyer is the first impression that people get of your home, and it’s a great place to acknowledge that spring has sprung. Add some statement accents like framed art, fresh flowers and potted plants to make it as welcoming as can be.
Spruce up with color
- Switch up your color scheme – When it comes to spring decor ideas, updating the color palette for rooms throughout the home never hurts. Since spring is about growth and renewal in nature, it is wise to choose nature-inspired colors. Think of colors that work well together in nature and use them to create a spring-like ambiance throughout the home.
Select a soothing palette for your bedroom
- Since your bedroom is your sanctuary, you aren’t going to want to go with the bright, bold springtime styles that have been discussed thus far. Remember that spring has moments of coolness and calmness too and try to incorporate that idea into the color scheme for your bedroom. Think of shades of blue and maybe green to create a tranquil setting. While you’re at it, invest in sumptuous new bedding.
- Mix and match patterns and elements – Within a single room or space, look for patterns, textures and styles that are eclectic but that still create a cohesive whole. Remember to keep not only appearance in mind but touch too. Try to add a focal point that ties it all together; this might be a shimmering chandelier, a beautiful area rug or some funky wall art.
- Update your room with a patterned headboard – One of the best and easiest ways to transform a bedroom for spring decorating ideas is by simply investing in a nice, patterned headboard. There are so many designs to choose from; finding one that meshes well with your springtime theme should be a snap.
Wallpaper the powder room
- Most homes have a powder room, which is often otherwise known as a half bathroom. These spaces tend to be small, and they are often overlooked too. Change that by selecting a bold, unique wallpaper for the space. Since it’s such a small area, it won’t take a lot—and the impact will be incredible.
Throw in some new throw pillows
- Buying new throw pillows is a great way to quickly and affordably add some springtime pizzazz to your home. For spring, of course, you’ll want to select pillows that feature bright and vivid patterns. Look for items that really pop and that immediately bring thoughts of spring to mind.
Re-frame your wall art
- If you have a decent amount of art on the walls, chances are that most of the pieces are uniquely framed and haven’t been switched up since purchase. A fun and unique way to breathe more springtime allure into the home is by investing in matching sets of frames and using them to tie various parts of the home together. While the art itself remains the same, the new frames have a major and positive impact on the overall feel of the room.
Brighten things up
- Invest in some fun, brightly colored areas rugs to add a pop of springtime magic to your place. At the same time, use strategically placed mirrors to take the best advantage of natural light and garden-like elements both indoors and outdoors.
Add flair with freshly cut flowers
- This is the perfect time of year to keep freshly cut flowers in the home. Stick with seasonal blooms that truly reflect the magic of spring. Use different types of containers for creativity but keep one type of bloom in each for consistency.
Switch up your color scheme
- When it comes to spring decor ideas, updating the color palette for rooms throughout the home never hurts. Since spring is about growth and renewal in nature, it is wise to choose nature-inspired colors. Think of colors that work well together in nature and use them to create a spring-like ambiance throughout the home.
Mix and match patterns and elements
- Remember to keep not only appearance in mind, but touch too. Within a single room or space, look for patterns, textures and styles that are eclectic, but will still create a cohesive whole. Try to add focal points that will tie it all together, such as a shimmering chandelier, a beautiful rug or some funky wall art. This will ensure that all your spring decorating ideas will fall into place.